Advice on getting a static IP for PHP-RAT purposes

Computer Issues? Game Issues? Hardware/Software Questions. Post them here and our resident Computer Geek will try to help you.
viiper

Advice on getting a static IP for PHP-RAT purposes

Post by viiper »

Hello.

After trying for a couple of months to get my IP address static through my ISP, to no avail... I am looking for an easy way to make it so that my ip never changes.

Mainly for the purpose of not having to update those that access my PHP-RAT for the weekend server.

Thanks in advance.

viiper
huntor
PrimeTech Administrator
PrimeTech Administrator

Re: Advice on getting a static IP for PHP-RAT purposes

Post by huntor »

Usually in order to get a static IP from your ISP provider. You will need to get a business account. This usually cost a lot more than your standard residential account. There are other programs that can do dynamic ip addresses. I believe no-ip you can do this with. I will see if I can do some testing to get a domain to point to the game server and see if phprat will accept a domain name. I think it will.

Here i the address to noip.com https://www.noip.com/remote-access
huntor
PrimeTech Administrator
PrimeTech Administrator

Re: Advice on getting a static IP for PHP-RAT purposes

Post by huntor »

Yup using a sub domain works. I was able to login using rat.primetechhosting.com:40004 for the address. So you should be able to use a program that updates a dynamic ip for your domain. You wouldn't need a static ip then.