Combofix Anti-Malware

Questions Regarding Network Security, AntiVirus, Malware, Router Security, Internet Security, Etc . . .
The Texican-PG-
Squad Member
Squad Member

Re: Combofix Anti-Malware

Post by The Texican-PG- »

BTW - I run McAfee AV
“If you ain't dyin', we probably need to put more fog in the map”
― The Texican-PG-
Windstalker-PG-
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Windstalker-PG- »

That was a knock off.. NOT the malwarebytes, that one will actually INSTALL malware. I run McAffee as well, and when I got infected it bypassed the McAffee and actually shut it down.
When you hear the Wind.. You're already dead
HotStick

Post by HotStick »

Tex,

Are you sure that you waited and let the program open the window for the free download? It may have required you to respond to the warning bar at the top to complete the download.

I have NEVER had the free download prompt me for a payment for removal. I just ran it against my machine, and it found two registry changes... I told it to remove them and it completed and asked for a reboot without a problem.

HotStick-PG-
HotStick-PG-
huntor
PrimeTech Administrator
PrimeTech Administrator

Post by huntor »

Actually I run malwarebytes and superantispyware. If you have the lagit software there is no spam crap installed with these softwares. Along side adaware and spybot. I do like superantispyware the best as it was shown in a study to remove the most spyware programs out of all of them. I can't remember where I found the info from as its been a year but it was rated number 1 for removal. Other then those I hate mc affee. I have ran into to many compatibility issues with that software to deem it worth the money to pay for. It also leaves a big footprint while running. I use Vipre from sunbelt software. It also has a very good spyware removale rating over most anti spyware softwares as it does look for both viruses and spyware. Many times Mc Affee will overlook the spyware because they are not true viruses.
Cahill55-PG-
Squad Member
Squad Member

Post by Cahill55-PG- »

Malwarebytes is one of the best free ones out there.
viiper

Post by viiper »

The only true protective antivirus is ESET's NOD32. Never has missed a virus or malware in 10 years. They also have a product for the Mac.

I have used it exclusively and it works, without hogging up your CPU like Norton or McCrappy....
huntor
PrimeTech Administrator
PrimeTech Administrator

Post by huntor »

viiper-PG- wrote:McCrappy....

Isn't that the truth!!!!!!
Lt-Orion

Post by Lt-Orion »

I Use malwarebyte also and it works great!! I Use Avast for my anti virus - spy ware and have been for over 8 years and works great also. Just my 2 Cents worth. :mrgreen:
Lt-Orion

Post by Lt-Orion »

I Have two programs i use and think there some of the best they have out thats freeeeeee!

Look up SuperAntiSpyware.com I Got it from the Geek Squad from Best Buy Here In Alabama

They use it all the time and works GREAT!!!

Second one is called CCleaner another great Program & it cleans unwanted programs and helps yer system run GREAT!

Try these i Highly recommend them and i have had no problems with my system once i got all the junk outta them with these programs!!