Spawn Locations

This Section Provides Advice and Assistance For MapMakers.
Red Dog-PG-
Squad Member
Squad Member

Spawn Locations

Post by Red Dog-PG- »

When I setup LFP’s/spawning points, I set the first one to Good (Blue) and the rest to Neutral (Green) which allows you to take the LFP’s in order and shows an arrow to the next LFP. However you need to press the letter of the current LFP location you are at. If you press the spacebar, you spawn back at X (Home) or the first LFP.

I noticed on your maps you spawn close to the battle and was wondering how that is done or how you guys setup the spawning locations.

Thanks
Red Dog

Handle every stressful situation like a Dog....if you can't eat, hump it, or play with it, pee on it and walk away
Bubbachuk-PG-
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Spawn Locations

Post by Bubbachuk-PG- »

We use Waypoint Lists for the direction and several types of triggers for redirection from waypoint to waypoint and players respawn at these waypoints. Redirection to the next waypoint in the list is automatic once conditions stipulated in the events have been completed. The actual event that redirects to the next waypoint is entered in the "Advancement Event" in the Item Attributes for each waypoint in the list.

The most commonly used triggers for advancing to the next waypoint are "Completing and Objective" or "Area Triggers".
Using a completed objective is pretty straight forward . . . objective completed, redirect to the next waypoint in the list.
Area Triggers are a different story. When an area trigger is used for redirection, a condition (or conditions) listed in the 'triggers' has to have been met for the redirection to take place. If the condition(s) have not been met, a player entering the area trigger will not trigger a redirect to the next waypoint.

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who
are willing to work and give to those who would not.
~ Thomas Jefferson

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/oliver.holmes.357