Map Making

This Section Provides Advice and Assistance For MapMakers.
Country Joe-PG-
Squad Member
Squad Member

Re: Map Making

Post by Country Joe-PG- »

The simplest way Orion is to log into your router and DMZ the IP address of the computer you plan to Host from.
You may need to also turn off the Windows fire wall and anti-virus program.

DMZ and turning off fire walls opens all ports into your hosting computer but it also makes the Hosting computer vulnerable. When I hosted this is what I did because I was too lazy to open the specific ports in my router to allow others to join. DMZ was simple and worked easily for me and I had nothing of value on it.

If the Hosting computer has nothing of value on it then this is the most hassle free way to go.

If you want to protect the computer you're Hosting from then you should listen to Bubba's instructions!

You may have to download the router's PDF to figure out how to DMZ a specific computer using your router.
Lt-Orion

Post by Lt-Orion »

Thanks Joe for the input will try that and contact my IP after this hurricane goes past and I have more time. Thanks Again.
blueleader2-PG-
Squad Member
Squad Member

Post by blueleader2-PG- »

Lt-Orion wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:04 pm ok Thanks looks like I wont be doing that any time soon. Will just keep working on the maps and get someone to try em out for me. Thanks Again.
Lt,

If you send your maps to viiper, he will put them up on his server and he and I will test them out for you.
Bubbachuk-PG-
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bubbachuk-PG- »

I would rather you didn't. The only maps we have ever put on any of our servers are maps made by Squad Members.

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who
are willing to work and give to those who would not.
~ Thomas Jefferson

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/oliver.holmes.357
Lt-Orion

Post by Lt-Orion »

Don't Worry Bubba I Wont send them!