WAC

This Section Provides Advice and Assistance For MapMakers.
Red Dog-PG-
Squad Member
Squad Member

WAC

Post by Red Dog-PG- »

I am having a issue with trying to save/open a WAC file in W/10

If I try creating a new WAC for a map it does not want to save with the correct map name

If I put a previous map with a WAC in the BO folder it will not open, wants to create a new one but the name shoes notepad, not the name of the map

What am I doing wrong

Handle every stressful situation like a Dog....if you can't eat, hump it, or play with it, pee on it and walk away
Country Joe-PG-
Squad Member
Squad Member

Re: WAC

Post by Country Joe-PG- »

Hopefully the way I explained on TS Friday night will continue to work for ya. Like I said it's been working for me since Windows ME. If you figure out a simpler way please post.

For those who are wondering what I told RD, I'd be glad to tell you but then I'll have to kill you! :mrgreen:
huntor
PrimeTech Administrator
PrimeTech Administrator

Post by huntor »

So what you are saying is Red no longer needs to know?
Red Dog-PG-
Squad Member
Squad Member

Post by Red Dog-PG- »

As per Joe's suggestion I was able to get the WAC file working. However, I cant figure out why the DFX2 editor works normal and the BO Editor does not. Perhaps it has something to do with permissions. I banged my head on the monitor for an hour last night and got nowhere.

With the DFX2 editor I create a map called “Jack Flash” then I save the file as jack_flash and it is saved as a .mis file in the DFX2 folder (jack_flash.mis)

Then I click on TOOLS, OPEN MISSION WAC, and create a new WAC. In the left hand corner of Notepad the name jack_flash – notepad is listed.

Then I click FILE, EXPORT BINARY MISSION and the file name jack_flash is already listed and I click Save and it is saved in the DFX2 folder as jack_flash.bms

All of the other files, .fil, .til, text get saved in the DFX2 folder as well.

Now, with the BO Editor,

I create a map called “Jack Flash” then I save the file as jack_flash and it is saved as a .mis file in the BO Mod Folder (jack_flash.mis)

Then I click on TOOLS, OPEN MISSION WAC, and create a new WAC. In the left hand corner of Notepad the name Delta Force BO1 – notepad is listed.
When I save the file and rename it jack-flash, it wants to save it in the Novalogic Folder instead of the BO Mod Folder. In fact it wants to save all the files related to the map in the Novalogic Folder outside of the BO Mod Folder.

So, I save the WAC as jack_flash.wac and let it be saved in the Novalogic folder then I moved all the files from the Novalogic Folder into the BO Mod folder and all works fine. Saving everything as Delta Force BO1 and renaming all the files at once to the map name works too. The only problem is if I want to edit the WAC file I have to go to the BO Mod folder and click the WAC file to edit it. I cannot open it up through the game. It wants to create a new WAC File. I created a short cut on the desk top of the Novalogic Folder for easy access.

Now for the Exporting of the Mission.
Every time I Export the Mission the name of the file comes up as Delta Force BO1. I have to type point it to the BO Mod Folder and click on the jack_flash.bms to save it.

Also, the text docs,.fil, .til files get saved in the Novalogic Folder outside of the BO Mod folder and have to be moved into the BO Folder every time a mission gets exported.

But long story short, I can get it to work with W/10 but its a hassle and will continuing making maps at work with W/7. It just floors me why DFX2 editor works normal and the BO editor does not with W10.

Thanks for you insight Joe! Could not of gotten this far without your input

Handle every stressful situation like a Dog....if you can't eat, hump it, or play with it, pee on it and walk away
The Texican-PG-
Squad Member
Squad Member

Post by The Texican-PG- »

Back when I was making maps (long ago) I was having issues with files and moved my Novalogic folder outside of the c:\program files folder and everything seems to work fine since the last time I opened it.
“If you ain't dyin', we probably need to put more fog in the map”
― The Texican-PG-