Win 7 Black Ops install

This is the newest version of Black Ops Released February 28, 2011
Country Joe-PG-
Squad Member
Squad Member

Win 7 Black Ops install

Post by Country Joe-PG- »

A few map makers new to Windows 7 are having trouble getting their MED to save to their Black Ops folder.
To get the MED to work right, here's how I installed Black Ops on my Windows 7 machine.

The first step is to open "C" drive.

Second step, open Program Files (x86)

Third, open your Nova Logic folder.

Fourth, copy your DFX2 folder.

This will create another folder named, "Delta Force Extreme 2 - Copy".

Here is when you want to rename your folder to indicate it's the Black Ops MOD folder as indicated in the next picture.

IMPORTANT: DO NOT PUT A DOT BETWEEN THE 1 AND 3.

Fifth step is to install the BO MOD 1.01 into your newly created Delta Force Extreme 2 BO MOD 13 folder.
Sixth step is to install the BO MOD 1.3 into your newly created Delta Force Extreme 2 BO MOD 13 folder.
Seventh step, if you plan to use the MED, go into your newly created Delta Force Extreme 2 BO MOD 13 folder.
Right click and drag the BO MED 260 icon to your desktop and say, "Create short cut here".

To use the BO MED, the install directions for Windows XP didn't work so I used
these steps and it works fine. I've done this install on four Windows 7 Machines and 1 Vista machine. I have yet to have a problem.

Certainly someone will have a better way but since new Win 7 users have asked me for help I thought I post the directions on how I've helped them with their installs and getting their maps to save back to their BO folder.
The Texican-PG-
Squad Member
Squad Member

Re: Win 7 Black Ops install

Post by The Texican-PG- »

I do this....

In my Novalogic folder I have loaded the DFX2 game w/o BO in one folder.
Copy that folder with the 1.01 update....
Copy that folder and loaded Black Ops 1.3....
Copy the DFX2 1.01 and load Black Ops 1.4 Beat 6....

That way when the final Black Ops 1.4 comes out all I have to do is copy DFX2 1.01 to a folder and load the 1.4 final and I'm done.

“If you ain't dyin', we probably need to put more fog in the map”
― The Texican-PG-
Country Joe-PG-
Squad Member
Squad Member

Post by Country Joe-PG- »

Yep.

I left out the DFX2 with the BO 1.01. Sorry about that.
My Win 7 computer is faster than my old XP machine so copying DFX2 and installing 1.01 and 1.3 or 1.4 takes about 3 minutes.

What I was seeing on others computers is that they were installing the MOD in a folder outside of their Nova folder and it was creating problems with the MED and saving maps back to the MOD folder. The game worked fine just not the MED.
Yours is exactly how I figured out it should be. All of the folders inside the Nova folder.

Good tip Tex.
huntor
PrimeTech Administrator
PrimeTech Administrator

Post by huntor »

Also the problem with the dot is not just limited to windows 7 it is also the same exact problem in xp ;-)
Bubbachuk-PG-
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bubbachuk-PG- »

I just bought Black Ops for the xbox, but I have a limited gametime because I wont play it if my kids are still awake
The Black Ops game you have is not the same as the one we play. We play "Delta Force Xtreme2 Black Ops." It's essentially a modded version of Delta Force Xtreme2. To my knowledge our game is not available for xbox.

Sorry we couldn't help.

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who
are willing to work and give to those who would not.
~ Thomas Jefferson

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/oliver.holmes.357