lagging bad, nova only

Computer Issues? Game Issues? Hardware/Software Questions. Post them here and our resident Computer Geek will try to help you.
BLAZIN GUNS-PG-
Squad Member
Squad Member

Re: lagging bad, nova only

Post by BLAZIN GUNS-PG- »

Id been having connection probs for weeks and strangely it only happened between 3pm and 12am like clockwork... just done my windows up-date and bam im back on ! It was optional not important thats why i overlooked it thinking it was a language pack.......:):)
HotStick

Post by HotStick »

For anyone out there that wants to listen... PATCH>>> PATCH>>> PATCH!!!!! If you don't have your Windows set to auto patch your updates, the minimum you should do is have it prompt you until you get sick of the prompts, and then do them anyway!!! The bad guys out there know that people are lazy, and if they can find a way to hit your machine because you refuse to update, they will damn well do it. Any update that MS puts out is due to some improvement or threat... why would you not want you machine to be at it's peak performance or best protected?

:ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek:
HotStick-PG-
BLAZIN GUNS-PG-
Squad Member
Squad Member

I overclocked my g/card so cant auto up-date.....
huntor
PrimeTech Administrator
PrimeTech Administrator

Post by huntor »

Overclocking video card has nothing to do with auto updates??? Also yes you should pick custom when installing xp updates as express is just that. Will only update required updates but not other sometimes huge fix updates.
BLAZIN GUNS-PG-
Squad Member
Squad Member

Theres an nvidia display driver on the up-date but everytime i try it...it crashes it does say my model of g/card only thing i have done is overclocked it unless its something to do with the o/clock software ive used....im on win7 but limited with net usage, all is good now just thought id put my bad experience on here in case anybody else falls in the same hole as me..and dont forget the up-date that i applied to fix the problem wasnt for the g/card it was optional
huntor
PrimeTech Administrator
PrimeTech Administrator

Post by huntor »

Oh never use the nvidia driver from Microsoft website. That is a bad idea and yes it will crash your computer. You need to get that from nvidia website.

I guess when I mean updates from Microsoft anything but driver updates for hardware. Anything software related to the OS yes for sure. How ever updates for hardware is not kept up well with Microsoft hence the crappy crash.