Win 7 Antivirus Pro 2013 virus/malware

Computer Issues? Game Issues? Hardware/Software Questions. Post them here and our resident Computer Geek will try to help you.
Country Joe-PG-
Squad Member
Squad Member

Win 7 Antivirus Pro 2013 virus/malware

Post by Country Joe-PG- »

My wife called me today from work and said she had a virus warning discovered by a program called:

Win 7 Antivirus Pro 2013

on her work computer.

I did a quick check on the net to get some info about Win 7 Antivirus Pro 2013.

Turns out this is a virus or malware program itself.
It's sole purpose as far as I can find out is to get you to purchase it yet it does nothing even after you've sent the money. It also
prevented her from running her antivirus program and accessing the Internet.

Her Tech guy showed shortly after we got off the phone and took the computer away to clean up.

Anyone know of this and how to remove it???

She has Microsoft Security Essentials as her Anitvirus program but it obviously didn't catch it.
huntor
PrimeTech Administrator
PrimeTech Administrator

Re: Win 7 Antivirus Pro 2013 virus/malware

Post by huntor »

Most likely will have to be in safe mode to run a scan by superantispyware. I think it will block any other attempt of programs to install otherwise. Other then that good luck lmao. They are a pain in the ass.
viiper

Post by viiper »

The only way to rid of these malware and be sure is to wipe the drive clean and reinstall. I have seen AV software remove parts of these programs, but they are able to dial home and actually rebuild themselves back up, with different sigs than what the AV is now able to detect.
HotStick

Post by HotStick »

Joe,

Here is the wiki description: http://www.wiki-security.com/wiki/Paras ... ivirus2013

Not much help, but better than none. I would tend to agree with viiper that to be totally safe, you may want to consider wiping the drive and re-installing. Too many of these malware plant multiples of themselves or change multiple services in your machine, after renaming themselves to valid services. When that happens, they will simply "phone home" as viiper said, and

BAM you are infected again.

I propose that all malware writers be hunted down, and at a minimum be castrated in public.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
HotStick-PG-
Country Joe-PG-
Squad Member
Squad Member

Post by Country Joe-PG- »

It's actually in her Tech guy's hands.

I just wanted to put it out there that this happened as a heads up.

I agree, he is most likely going to have to wipe and re-install.