NOVAWORLD IS DOWN FOR A WHILE

A Discussion Area For Registered Forum Members.
blueleader2-PG-
Squad Member
Squad Member

Re: NOVAWORLD IS DOWN FOR A WHILE

Post by blueleader2-PG- »

There seems to be some activity at the NovaWorld server. The following is what is now displayed when you try to access novaworld2.com

Fedora Test Page

This page is used to test the proper operation of the Apache HTTP server after it has been installed. If you can read this page, it means that the web server installed at this site is working properly, but has not yet been configured.
If you are a member of the general public:

The fact that you are seeing this page indicates that the website you just visited is either experiencing problems, or is undergoing routine maintenance.

If you would like to let the administrators of this website know that you've seen this page instead of the page you expected, you should send them e-mail. In general, mail sent to the name "webmaster" and directed to the website's domain should reach the appropriate person.

For example, if you experienced problems while visiting www.example.com, you should send e-mail to "webmaster@example.com".

For information on Fedora, please visit the Fedora Project website.
If you are the website administrator:

You may now add content to the directory /var/www/html/. Note that until you do so, people visiting your website will see this page, and not your content. To prevent this page from ever being used, follow the instructions in the file /etc/httpd/conf.d/welcome.conf.

You are free to use the images below on Apache and Fedora powered HTTP servers. Thanks for using Apache and Fedora!

[ Powered by Apache ] [ Powered by Fedora ]

This appears to offer some encouragement that they may. indeed, be back on line eventually.
Bubbachuk-PG-
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bubbachuk-PG- »

Cool - it looks like they may be making progress.

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who
are willing to work and give to those who would not.
~ Thomas Jefferson

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/oliver.holmes.357
BLAZIN GUNS-PG-
Squad Member
Squad Member

Post by BLAZIN GUNS-PG- »

looks good to me,there wouldnt be any page available if it was cut off the fact that that page is there does show that they ARE updating.Cmon nova
Country Joe-PG-
Squad Member
Squad Member

Post by Country Joe-PG- »

Windstalker-PG- wrote: I wonder if we should be looking for a new place to play?
Very good question Wind. I'm hoping we won't have to move on but should it come to that here are a few hypothetical questions I have.

1) Of all the First Person Shoot 'em up games out there, are there any that have a map making program similar to the DF MED?

2) I'm curious of what Bubba's and Huntor's thoughts are about other games and what Huntor's company can Host for us should it come down to actually having to move on from Nova and Delta Force?
BUCK

Post by BUCK »

I dont know of any other game that you can make your own maps other than nova games.
huntor
PrimeTech Administrator
PrimeTech Administrator

Post by huntor »

Sniper Ghost Warrior was supposed to come out with map making tools and the whole nine yards. I am not sure if that is still the case, also the games dedicated server still crashes at times. That is the only one I can think of that would have anything close to the med manager.

The screen you are seeing that says fedora core on it is a version of linux. Fedora Core is made by the makers of Red Hat. Since you can see that page posted it means they turned on the hpptd software which is also known as apache web server software. If you guys remember right novaworld2 was kinda sluggish and slow. I am thinking since everything was going to be down that they would just update the operating system the webserver is running on. Now that I see this, I believe 100% that they installed the newest version of fedora core 13 and had issues with getting things to work as each version they release is kinda like a new version of windows.

So hopefully soon!!!
Charlie1-PG-
Squad Member
Squad Member

Post by Charlie1-PG- »

I agree...... :(
BUCK

Post by BUCK »

I need df2 LOL
Charlie1-PG-
Squad Member
Squad Member

Post by Charlie1-PG- »

Adam...... if think that's bad wait till they send you back to BASIC TRAINING ! ! !
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
blueleader2-PG-
Squad Member
Squad Member

Post by blueleader2-PG- »

Adam Baum-PG- wrote:Charlie1?......I don't recall knowing a Charlie1....Who are you? Who are any of you ? Why am I here?

Adam,

You know who we are... we're just a bunch of old farts, sitting in our gaming chairs, staring at a Fedora test page on our monitors, giving up an occasional beer belch while we wait for Novalogic to key in the correct settings in their server so that our lives can be put back in order. It's that simple!