Why Are there DEAD ZONES??

Got a screenshot to show off or something to gripe about? Put it here.
Lt-Orion

Why Are there DEAD ZONES??

Post by Lt-Orion »

Why do we have dead zones?? I watch players go into maps and go just about anywhere and i go into those places and die?? Got a lil angry today cause of them. Toburk i think was the map and another player went around on mountain tops and did good I thought kewl the took out the DEAD ZONES but nope I go into those same places and i die. Can someone tell me why, Is it people who can control the map or what because its not masking sence. Can we fix the maps to not have dead zones ?? :evil: :evil:
Bubbachuk-PG-
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Why Are there DEAD ZONES??

Post by Bubbachuk-PG- »

Dead zones serve a couple of purposes . . .

COOP maps are created with a chain of events set up to occur in a specific order. If these events, which includes the objectives, are not executed in the order they are set up for, the map could malfunction and cause the map not to finish.
Dead zones keep players, especially players new to our servers, focused on the current objective by not allowing them into an area where they can see subsequent objective areas or prematurely trip area triggers.
In many cases, bad guys at subsequent objectives have not been activated (do not attack) and are easily picked off. This is not only considered scorepadding, it can cause respawn points to malfunction and have players respawning thousands of meters from the current objective area.
I know they can be a pain in the ass but, unfortunately, they are necessary.

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who
are willing to work and give to those who would not.
~ Thomas Jefferson

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/oliver.holmes.357
Country Joe-PG-
Squad Member
Squad Member

Re: Why Are there DEAD ZONES??

Post by Country Joe-PG- »

Dead Zones are also used to keep players going in a certain direction. Namely their waypoint directional arrow. If you encounter a dead zone way left or right of your directional arrow path most probably the map maker intends you to make a frontal assault on an Objective because he has a surprise ambush waiting for you. :mrgreen:

On that particular map, LT, it appears the player(s) you were playing with found an unprotected area of the map and exploited it. It's probably not what the map maker had in mind I'm sure.

Dead Zones may be aggravating but they are very useful in helping the map maker have his map play like he envisioned it be played.