When running med260

This Section Provides Advice and Assistance For MapMakers.
The Texican-PG-
Squad Member
Squad Member

When running med260

Post by The Texican-PG- »

I think if you run med260 as "ADMINISTRATOR" you can find files, make & save *.WAC files in BO folder.

Can someone else confirm this? If it's already been posted I must have missed it.
“If you ain't dyin', we probably need to put more fog in the map”
― The Texican-PG-
The Texican-PG-
Squad Member
Squad Member

Re: When running med260

Post by The Texican-PG- »

That's running windows 10
“If you ain't dyin', we probably need to put more fog in the map”
― The Texican-PG-
Country Joe-PG-
Squad Member
Squad Member

Post by Country Joe-PG- »

Don't have Win 10 yet but in Win Vista through Win 8.1, I have to save the WAC file to my desktop then move it to my BO 15 folder. It asks for Admin Approval I click "YES".
It's a pain but it's the work around I figured out way back in Win Vista and it has worked every time for me.

I know this may not be what you're looking for Tex but without having or seeing Win 10 it's the best answer from me I can offer. Maybe give it a try and let me know if it works. :mrgreen:

Good luck.
Joe
Red Dog-PG-
Squad Member
Squad Member

Post by Red Dog-PG- »

Hey Tex,
Right click on the BO Med Icon on your desktop or in the program folder. Go to properties, Compatibility, Settings, and check Run this program as an administrator.
Also,
Go to Settings, System, Tablet mode to Turn off tablet mode and check when you sign in, go to Desktop: Will look like the windows we are familiar with. You can also place the "This PC" Icon (use to be My Computer) on the Desktop to easy finding your Local Disk C:/

Handle every stressful situation like a Dog....if you can't eat, hump it, or play with it, pee on it and walk away
Country Joe-PG-
Squad Member
Squad Member

Post by Country Joe-PG- »

Red Dog-PG- wrote:Hey Tex,
Right click on the BO Med Icon on your desktop or in the program folder. Go to properties, Compatibility, Settings, and check Run this program as an administrator.
Also,
Go to Settings, System, Tablet mode to Turn off tablet mode and check when you sign in, go to Desktop: Will look like the windows we are familiar with. You can also place the "This PC" Icon (use to be My Computer) on the Desktop to easy finding your Local Disk C:/
SHOW OFF! :mrgreen: