Hit Points

Red Dog-PG-
Squad Member
Squad Member

Hit Points

Post by Red Dog-PG- »

Here is a script that will increase the hit points making it harder to kill an AI, Alligator, or a vehicle.

if never() then
ssnhp(10,1000) endif

Instead of being able to kill an AI with one shot, you can increase the hit points to 2 or 3 or 5 shots to bring the AI down

The value of 1000 for the example script above, it will take 5 shots from an M4 to take the AI down and 1 shot from a Barrett .50 Cal

If you increase the value to 5000, it will take 5 shots from a Barrett .50 Cal and 22 shots from an M4 to bring the AI down

Handle every stressful situation like a Dog....if you can't eat, hump it, or play with it, pee on it and walk away
Windstalker-PG-
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Hit Points

Post by Windstalker-PG- »

Ouch!
When you hear the Wind.. You're already dead
viiper

Post by viiper »

Meanwhile, AI can shoot through solid objects and hit you with one shot. Stingers target human heat signatures, and rocket guys fire multiple rockets on one shot. Totally realistic.
Red Dog-PG-
Squad Member
Squad Member

Post by Red Dog-PG- »

Well Mr. Realistic – The above was only an example to show how Hit Points work and I guess I should have used a better one in case there was negative arrogant feedback.

First off one would not want to use this script in conjunction with an AI-Stinger or an AI-RPG, that would be downright stupid nor would you want to use this script on an AI for a CQC situation unless you wanted to toughen up the AI just a little bit, not make it so it takes 20 shots to bring them down, maybe 2 or 3 shots such as an AI on a .50 Cal Emplacement.

I have not seen this script capable of making an AI so they can shoot through solid objects and hit you with one shot. Also, this script applies to only the AI you choose, not every AI in the map. I believe what makes an AI capable of shooting through walls and such has to do with how one sets the accuracy of the AI.

I have used this script on vehicles that normally you can shoot down with 1 shot from a Stinger, RPG, or a Javelin such as the Little Bird Helicopter and make it so it takes 2 or 3 shots to take it down. The Hit Point script is applied to the vehicle you want to toughen up, not the AI.

Everything has a purpose and place; it’s all in how you use it.

The post on Hit Points was made to answer a question from a PG member on how to toughen up an alligator.

Have a wonderful day! ;)

Handle every stressful situation like a Dog....if you can't eat, hump it, or play with it, pee on it and walk away
The Texican-PG-
Squad Member
Squad Member

Post by The Texican-PG- »

Arrogant? He's got a valid point. The bg's are hard enough to kill as it is. He didn't mention they shoot from the dark before you can even see them and shoot through trees. Why make the AI tougher when they are hard enough as it is.
“If you ain't dyin', we probably need to put more fog in the map”
― The Texican-PG-
Bubbachuk-PG-
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bubbachuk-PG- »

What RD is trying to demonstrate is something we talk about a lot when we're playing . . . WAC scripts and what can be done with them.
There is no intention to use any of these scripts that alter the ease or difficulty in killing AIs in any of our maps past, present, or future!! Honestly many of these scripts would only work in Single Player maps, not COOP maps.
We play every night . . . y'all are welcome to join us and contribute to the conversations.

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who
are willing to work and give to those who would not.
~ Thomas Jefferson

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/oliver.holmes.357
BLAZIN GUNS-PG-
Squad Member
Squad Member

Post by BLAZIN GUNS-PG- »

Here is a script that will increase the hit points making it harder to kill an AI, Alligator, or a vehicle. :D ....the map makers will make use of that cheers RD :D
Country Joe-PG-
Squad Member
Squad Member

Post by Country Joe-PG- »

I invited RedDog to join our squad after I found out how much he knew about WAC files.

Players complained about DEATH ZONES so RedDog came up with a WAC script called a PLOOP which is in itself a Death Zone until an Objective(s) is met. Once met players can move freely through to the next Objective. It's been invaluable.
I've used them on new and updated maps.

This post is another example of just how smart he is and his value to our team.

Thanks RD. I appreciate this tip and will be using it.
Windstalker-PG-
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Windstalker-PG- »

WHAT CJ SAID!!

We all complain about the AI's. That is just the way the game engine is set up, it's not RD's fault.

On the plus side, I wonder if this could be used to make the vehicles that we use better able to withstand hits without instantly blowing up?
When you hear the Wind.. You're already dead
Red Dog-PG-
Squad Member
Squad Member

Post by Red Dog-PG- »

I do believe that would work for the Blue Teams vehicles as well, i don't see why it wouldn't. I will test it out