95% Memory usage?

Computer Issues? Game Issues? Hardware/Software Questions. Post them here and our resident Computer Geek will try to help you.
The Texican-PG-
Squad Member
Squad Member

95% Memory usage?

Post by The Texican-PG- »

I was working on Corel Paintshop Pro x9 on a tiny graphic when all of a sudden everything stopped. I went to Task Manager which said I was using 95% of my memory. Needless to say I ended up rebooting and when I did it said my anti-virus and Windows Defender where turned off. How does this happen??? Windows 10 (OS build 19041.746) using 64-bit operating system, showing (8) Intel Core i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz and I have 16GB of RAM.

How does 95% memory usage suddenly happen?
“If you ain't dyin', we probably need to put more fog in the map”
― The Texican-PG-
itchypav-PG-
Squad Member
Squad Member

Re: 95% Memory usage?

Post by itchypav-PG- »

Just Comrade Xi checking up on ya.! :D
BLAZIN GUNS-PG-
Squad Member
Squad Member

Post by BLAZIN GUNS-PG- »

when your in task manager look for what is using your memory ...otherwise have you installed anything recently that may have bloatware ?
huntor
PrimeTech Administrator
PrimeTech Administrator

Post by huntor »

Yeah I agree it sounds like something trying to take over your computer. ;-(
The Texican-PG-
Squad Member
Squad Member

Post by The Texican-PG- »

Huntor - I have been watching a lot of live streams on Twitch this past month. One one particular stream I recall the broadcaster all of a sudden loses his stream. When He came back he told everyone that all of a sudden he lost control of his computer and had to quickly unplug it from the outlet. He said all of a sudden all his photo popped up as if someone was looking at them. He said he uses a VPN and wasn't sure how someone could do that. Is it possible for someone to get into your computer while watching a live stream?
“If you ain't dyin', we probably need to put more fog in the map”
― The Texican-PG-
huntor
PrimeTech Administrator
PrimeTech Administrator

Post by huntor »

I honestly don't know the answer to that. A VPN is just a tunnel in the internet. I would guess if someone is using the same service they could possibly come in that route. To me that would be no different than the internet. But my understanding is the VPN should be encrypted too. But everything you share has to come in some how in some form to display on your computer. I would guess he probably already had a problem prior to this and just happened to happen during the live stream.