Task Force Elite

A Discussion Area For Registered Forum Members.
Morpion

Task Force Elite

Post by Morpion »

Hi All
Have been playing Task Force Elite. I know. Anaethema to us DF affectionados but really. it is quite good. It is the most modern game most similar to DFX 2. Only major dysfunction is no mannable vehicles. In that respect it is like playing early BHD but with better graphics. Like all new ganes it has attracted pro gamers and some questionable and highly sus players (thats what we all say when we get our asses whupped) but nothing you can deffo say is cheating - so far anyway. I still play DFX and love its authenticness but TFE is worth a try for a change. For info - I saw Viiper in there the other day.

have a great time all and keep safe.

All the best
Morp
Red Dog-PG-
Squad Member
Squad Member

Re: Task Force Elite

Post by Red Dog-PG- »

The game is getting better but still needs work. There are no CoOp servers or maps, just run and gun death matches. The graphics in my opinion are fare, a little blurry around the edges and detail lacks, not the best I have seen with other game titles.

Handle every stressful situation like a Dog....if you can't eat, hump it, or play with it, pee on it and walk away
Bubbachuk-PG-
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bubbachuk-PG- »

I agree with RD completely. I've tried to play it several times. I find it either slow to respond to a movement or over responds. Still needs work.

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who
are willing to work and give to those who would not.
~ Thomas Jefferson

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/oliver.holmes.357
Morpion

Post by Morpion »

Hi All
To keep you all updated though there is now a map editor. It is called 'Eddie' LOL

Yes. TFE still needs some work and the game play on some maps is sometimes worse than awful but it isn't beyond help.

Looking at the maps on TFE they do need some more complicated task settings - most are just shooting galleries and they piss me off. If you are late in the game then you are screwed. I reckon though that with some thought the maps could be built much better.

I have more or less given up on it but I do have a crack now and again so if any PG do stray on to the game - get on the BCU server and shake them up a bit! I may see you there (still more likely on DFX2 BO though)

Cheers
M
Morpion

Re: Task Force Elite - not for me

Post by Morpion »

Actually - TFE is in serious need of a makeover. I played it again yesterday and I tired of it quickly. The gameplay is too simple - just blast away at anything that moves and the hit rate accuracy is farcical. I was wrong to be an advocate for the game. i thought it promised loads but, to be honest, it isn't that good (maybe promised updates will improve but I will likely be ga-ga by then)

hear you on line later
All the best
Morp
Red Dog-PG-
Squad Member
Squad Member

Post by Red Dog-PG- »

Yeah it was a good concept with a lot of promise that has not panned out and without many choices for servers besides BCU its only good for a game or 2. Good think I only wasted $9.95 on it.

Handle every stressful situation like a Dog....if you can't eat, hump it, or play with it, pee on it and walk away
Lt-Orion

Post by Lt-Orion »

Also have that game just a shame it doesnt have
Coop maps in it,
Red Dog-PG-
Squad Member
Squad Member

Post by Red Dog-PG- »

I tried to make a CoOp map but the bots are dumb as the day is long. I could not figure out how to make them aggressive or even acknowledge that they needed to shoot back at you.