Tip of the Spear > Thoughts/Comments (Share yours)

A Discussion Area For Registered Forum Members.
itchypav-PG-
Squad Member
Squad Member

Tip of the Spear > Thoughts/Comments (Share yours)

Post by itchypav-PG- »

I 've had this from Steam since they 1st put it out. I didn't like it early on, but am starting to get a different view. I haven't played a lot so I don't know what changes have occurred other than what I have played so far.
> It plays diffferent now than when I first played (maybe because I have a different computer)
> It appears to be similar to Deltaforce X2 in many ways. (More so than Ground Force)
> I need to play more to get a better picture. Looks promising, but need more time playing.

https://redjake.com/
https://redjake.com/roadmap/
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1148 ... rce_Elite/

System Requirements

Minimum:
Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
OS: Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64bit versions required)
Processor: Intel Core i3 560 @ 3.3 GHz or AMD Ryzen 3 @ 3.5 GHz
Memory: 6 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 15 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX® 9.0c compatible sound card with latest drivers

Recommended:
Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
OS: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64bit versions required)
Processor: Intel Core i5-2500K @ 3.3 GHz or better or AMD Ryzen 5 @ 3.6 Ghz or better
Memory: 12 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1050 or better
DirectX: Version 12
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 30 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX® 9.0c compatible sound card with latest drivers
Bubbachuk-PG-
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Tip of the Spear > Thoughts/Comments (Share yours)

Post by Bubbachuk-PG- »

I tried it again and it does seem to play a little better. I have to drop my resolution back some but it's more playable for me than the Ground Force game. I guess they're still working on it. That's Good!

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who
are willing to work and give to those who would not.
~ Thomas Jefferson

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/oliver.holmes.357
Morpion

Post by Morpion »

Hi Itchy, Hi All

Have played TFE. Bought it at Steam when it first come out. It was only a few pounds or about $15 then

The first releases were odd. It was only bots and if you laid down - they couldn't see you. All changed now. It runs and plays a lot better. I agree with Itch. It has a feel of early DF games. Weapon performance can be odd and don't be surprised if you get head-shot by someone using a Mk18 from 500 metres or so

The graphics are a bit flaky in places but that may be my system. I can play it better than ground branch though as I don''t have the lag.

The number of RedJake maps is limited and game play can get a bit samey but there are some player maps doing the rounds and new maps using existing templates can be made and some play quite well

I usually play on the BCU server but did a tour on the PGS the other day. I was looking out for Posse members.

See you all soon
Morp
Morpion

Post by Morpion »

PS - It is a new game under development. Still not as good as BO !
The Texican-PG-
Squad Member
Squad Member

Post by The Texican-PG- »

If a few pounds is $15 I am a rich man.
“If you ain't dyin', we probably need to put more fog in the map”
― The Texican-PG-
Morpion

Post by Morpion »

Good point Tex. Is TFE cheaper in the US? I might try and buy it through my VPN
Morpion

Post by Morpion »

Buy another copy that is - the TFE doesn't allow multiple characters
itchypav-PG-
Squad Member
Squad Member

Post by itchypav-PG- »

Task Force Elite > Tip of the Spear announcement.
RSS Team Announcement
RSS Blog 1
Dear Friends,
I would like to be open with you about the future of Task Force Elite as a game and the future of Red Spear Studios as a team. I want to provide clarity on some speculations and false information floating around about what is going on behind the scenes at RSS.
As many of you are aware, there have been changes and challenges the past year, within our team and regarding TFE as a project. There has, unfortunately, been a failure to deliver on promises to you, the community, as well as a lack of communication and game service issues.
We have a vision and we are moving forwards. We will build on what we have started, we will complete TFE and we will grow together, as a community and as a video game studio.
I would like to inform you first and foremost that Luis [Psycho] will be handing organisational and day-to-day operation duties to me as the new Managing Director. Luis will remain our CEO. Luis' vision, passion and expertise remain crucial for us, and he will continue to work on the commercial side of the studio by securing projects, IP licences and funding to grow the business and its products.
I, Daniel [YP], have been selected by the team to lead as the new Managing Director, with Seth [IcIshoot] as second in command, as our CTO. We have the whole team's fullest support. Both Seth and I are now dedicated full-time to lead the project, taking special care to improve communication and ensure steady development.
I have started my new assignment by reviewing our existing roadmap. This roadmap was planned with a different approach to roles and tasks for new team members. A lot has changed, so a new perspective is necessary.
It is important to make clear that our core team is currently composed of hobbyists dedicating their spare time to a collective vision. During 2022 we hired multiple people on a paid basis, to perform specific scope tasks within the project, as we currently continue to do so. An important takeaway is that both Seth and I have gone into full time leading the studio. The remaining team members work variable hours and contribute to the project through sheer will, determination and passion. Even if one team member can contribute only a little in a given week, progress is progress.
However, putting a hard deadline on this kind of working environment has detrimental effects in the long term — for the team, for the project and for the community. Together as a team we have concluded that we cannot provide public release dates for updates moving forwards.
Unfortunately, one of the events that had the most impact in our progress was that our Lead C++ Developer, who joined us in May 2022, had to step down for personal reasons last November. Currently, Seth will be overseeing decision-making and C++ development until further notice.
We have a budget for additional hires, but we have been unable to find the talent at an affordable cost. We are also looking to add more Unreal Engine C++ developers to our team to share the responsibilities for a healthier working environment which will increase productivity and allow us to develop TFE faster and to implement the features we desire.
On behalf of the team, I apologise for the lacking standard of communication of the past.
With our new structure, and with your patience, understanding and continued support, I believe we will overcome these obstacles and deliver the game we all want.
Daniel [YP]
Managing Director
Red Spear Studios
Stay tuned to the TFE Development Blog to catch up on the latest TFE-related news, announcements and stories.
Red Dog-PG-
Squad Member
Squad Member

Post by Red Dog-PG- »

Sounds like they had problems in paradice, this also explains a few things.

Handle every stressful situation like a Dog....if you can't eat, hump it, or play with it, pee on it and walk away