Graphics problem

Computer Issues? Game Issues? Hardware/Software Questions. Post them here and our resident Computer Geek will try to help you.
The Texican-PG-
Squad Member
Squad Member

Graphics problem

Post by The Texican-PG- »

My screen was flashing red then I exited out of the game and checked my settings (game was changed to compatibility XP) and I set the level of graphics in the game to 'best performance'.

Come back into the server and this is what I saw..... green grass.....

These are just some of the problems I've been having with my graphics.

Another problem when I returned to the server....

Tried to downgrade to DirectX 9.0c but it wouldn't allow me to install over DirectX 11

“If you ain't dyin', we probably need to put more fog in the map”
― The Texican-PG-
huntor
PrimeTech Administrator
PrimeTech Administrator

Re: Graphics problem

Post by huntor »

directx 9 and 11 run side by side. They do not crosstalk between each other. So the problem has nothing to do with directx itself. It sounds more like a direct issue with the graphics card or its drivers. I would try finding an older driver version for your graphics card to see if it makes a difference. Old directx games will can not use directx 11 because they do not know what they are.
Country Joe-PG-
Squad Member
Squad Member

Post by Country Joe-PG- »

Huntor, I gave Tex that site you gave me thinking maybe that would help but our Win 7
machines came with DirectX 11 installed and I've read that DX11 is and should be backwards
compatable.

Thankfully, I don't have the same graphics issues as Tex. I just get a hiccup every now and then and only
in BO 1.3. Sort of like a CI but only for a fraction of a second.

Maybe I misunderstood you but I thought you said you ran both DirectX 9 and 11 on your machine. I
had the same problem as Tex. I couldn't install DX9.
Is there a way to run two versions of DirectX?
huntor
PrimeTech Administrator
PrimeTech Administrator

Post by huntor »

I just install the runtime version from microsoft.com Well when COD Black Ops came out it had issues and you had to upgrade to the latest directx 9.0c version or you could not run it. That was an issue with Vista and that had directx 10 built in. So yes you can run both versions. If the game does not know about directx 10 or 11 it can not run those binaries. Or at least to there fullest and any bugs in them have not been patches since there release. Microsoft has not released a patch for 10 or 11 but the last one was April 2011 for directx 9.

Yes I run both and keep my game servers up to date with directx 9 as well. I ran both vista, and 7 and you can install directx9.