Trouble with BO sound

Computer Issues? Game Issues? Hardware/Software Questions. Post them here and our resident Computer Geek will try to help you.
POG-PG-
Squad Member
Squad Member

Trouble with BO sound

Post by POG-PG- »

I have an interesting problem with the game effects sound. The sound will play just fine for awhile. Then for no apparent reason the sound almost completly goes away and it won't let me reset the volume. I first check game options but they stay the same. Teamspeak does not seem to be effected. Any ideas on how to cure the problem. I'm using an ASUS laptop with Windows 7 home premium edition.

POG
Windstalker-PG-
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Trouble with BO sound

Post by Windstalker-PG- »

In windows 7 check the default playback device, I have had issues with it defaulting to a device parameter that doesn't work
When you hear the Wind.. You're already dead
Martinix

Post by Martinix »

i had alot of trouble with ingame sound today, but i found out that when dfx2 is running it gets it's own volumeslider and this one was turned all the way down for some reason. So it could be an idea to Alt-Tab the game and check it. Win 7 BTW.

Cyall

Juan
huntor
PrimeTech Administrator
PrimeTech Administrator

Post by huntor »

The volume slider issue is directly the fault of TeamSpeak 3 if you have the option turned on to lower game sound when another player talks. I run into this issue all the time with firefox sound being turned all the way down while being on teamspeak. It is a great idea by teamspeak, but it is a shame it can't remember what to turn back up if your clicking around. It only keeps a certain tag on what is up as the current window. If you turn this off pog your sound problem will go away.

But you man need to open up your Volume Mixer to fix the no sound problem.
Country Joe-PG-
Squad Member
Squad Member

Post by Country Joe-PG- »

Where is that Option to lower game sound when another player talks located at Huntor?

We went through and compared our TS settings the other night. His all seem to be set the same as mine.

His game sounds issue is intermittant and generally, I think he said, happens after a sysdump.

When he opens his Volume Mixer and raises his game volume slider back to 100%, sometimes it stays and sometimes
it goes back to minimum. His Team Speak volume never changes though.

Also, I think he said he's tried a complete reboot after a sys dump and that didn't help. Yet, if he quits for the
night and comes back the next day, as long as he doesn't have any game faults his TS and game sounds work fine.
huntor
PrimeTech Administrator
PrimeTech Administrator

Post by huntor »

No teamspeak volume always stays the same. It adjusts the volume of everything else. Go to plugins, click Volume Control, Uncheck Enable or adjust how long it takes for regular volume to return. But best bet is to turn it off.
Country Joe-PG-
Squad Member
Squad Member

Post by Country Joe-PG- »

Thanks Huntor.