Coop Help

Hulk Hogan Sapp

Coop Help

Post by Hulk Hogan Sapp »

Just wondering if you guys could do a more in-depth description on map making. The mini one was a great start for me but now I`d like to go further. Things I`d like to know is 1. How to show all goals from the beginning. 2. How to make vehicles move (I can assign guys to get in them but having troubles getting them to move to and thru the waypoints) and 3. Getting the map to talk and give the directions after finishing a goal and moving on to the next one. Thanks for all your help guys. I`m yet to finish my first coop map but love playing them and can`t wait to get good at making the maps. I`d also like to change my email address with you guys the one I have in there is an old one I really don`t use. The one I use is pclark3749@gmail.com . Thanks Hulk out.
Country Joe-PG-
Squad Member
Squad Member

Re: Coop Help

Post by Country Joe-PG- »

Hiya HH and welcome to our Forums.

Show all Goals at Start:
1) In your first Event (Event 0), inside the "THEN" box, select all of your goals. If your map has 7 goals then
you'll have 7 "THEN" lines.

Getting a vehicle to follow set waypoints:
The simplest way to make a vehicle follow a set of waypoints is to:
1) Highlight the vehicle then hit "Enter" which will bring up the Vehicle's AI Attributes.
2) On the right hand side there's a drop down marked "Waypoints".
3) Click that drop down and find the waypoints you want to use for that vehicle and select it.

Getting the map to give directions, or redirects, to the next waypoint is covered in the tutorial and is simply a matter of practice.

Making sounds activate is also a matter of practice and very much depends on how you want them to activate.
Here's a web site that has helped us in the past.
http://home.comcast.net/~dthomas118853/ ... 20list.htm

I'm not trying to be evasive in answering your questions it's just that Bubba's tutorial is very comprehensive. Once
you master it all you need is some practice.

The best advice is to start out very basic and build on that.

Good luck.
Hulk Hogan Sapp

Re: Coop Help

Post by Hulk Hogan Sapp »

Thanks for your help Country Joe. My squad has taking a love for playing coop maps and it`s been a little depressing not getting the map making down for me. We have switched to playing Joint Ops Advanced Warfare 2. I`m not sure if you guys have played that but it is the same engine and seems to offer a lot more than Black Ops does. So thanks again and I`m off to try and do this again. Thanks HH :D