DFX2 Server and Gold Membership

This Server Is Hosted And Supported By Members Of The -PG- Squad.
Comments or Suggestions Related To This Game Or Server May Be Posted Here.
Country Joe-PG-
Squad Member
Squad Member

DFX2 Server and Gold Membership

Post by Country Joe-PG- »

I'm getting a message that I need a GOLD membership to play in the DFX2 server.

Unfortunately I hadn't been keeping track but there was a limit to the Gold Membership of 9 months which expired recently.

I can still play in the Black Ops server thankfully until I upgrade my membership.
Bubbachuk-PG-
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: DFX2 Server and Gold Membership

Post by Bubbachuk-PG- »

I'm not sure how this 'Gold Membership' thingie works so I might be wrong about this but I was under the assumption that you were disallowed from playing in the NovaWorld hosted servers but could play in the rest of them. :roll:

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who
are willing to work and give to those who would not.
~ Thomas Jefferson

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/oliver.holmes.357
Country Joe-PG-
Squad Member
Squad Member

Yes, I can play in any non-Nova sponsored server like our Black Ops server.

I'll be upgrading to Gold membership again soon.
Here's the info that was on my "Services" page under "my profile" tab.
Service History
The following services were previously on your account
Item Duration Status
Gold Membership 90 day(s) Expired
Gold Membership 9 month(s) Expired
The first 90 day Gold membership was for buying the game. The second 9 month Gold membership was a gift from Novalogic last summer as a thank you for being a patron.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has or will be experiencing this?
HotStick

Post by HotStick »

Bubba,

I got the same message about 2 weeks ago. We talked about it shortly thereafter. When I went to the Nova site they advertised a $14.99 Pro Squad Update that says: "This token can be applied to your existing Novaworld squad. Pro-squad allows any number of Silver members to join your squad. Without it only Gold members can join. Note: You should already own a NWC registered squad before purchasing this item." I would be more than happy to make that $15 donation so that we could "Gold"-up our members. Nova doesn't need any more of our individual cash ($30/yr), as far as I am concerned.
:roll:

HotStick-PG-
HotStick-PG-
Bubbachuk-PG-
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bubbachuk-PG- »

We are already a Pro-Squad. I paid the setup fee and registered the squad Feb 19, 2009.

Here is some info about it I copied from the forum that was posted by a NovaWorld Staff Member.
Squad Leader purchases 'Pro Squad' upgrade then applies it to his/her squad. Once applied, Silver members can join the squad. 'Pro Squad' upgrade also allows Silver members to show squad tags in-game. Silver members of a Pro Squad do not get any other features normally associated with Gold membership.
All squads and squad names (including squad tags) are subject to 'Novaworld Terms of Service' and 'Player and Squad Nametags Terms of Service' as indicated elsewhere on this site.
This is part of the same post:
Now Novaworld Gold members can upgrade their squad to allow Silver members to join! For a one-time upgrade fee of $14.99*, squad leaders can enable an unlimited number of Silver members to join their official Novaworld Community Registered Squad! **
Here is the link to the post: http://www.novaworld2.com/index.php?idt ... ic/id_1862

~ Thomas Jefferson

Windstalker-PG-
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Windstalker-PG- »

Bubba - I think that the 14.99 should come from the same fund that pays for our DFX2 server, you can be the "gold member" (lol) and the rest of the squad can be silver. As far as I am concerned this is just a moneymaking scheme by Novalogic.
When you hear the Wind.. You're already dead
Country Joe-PG-
Squad Member
Squad Member

Bubbachuk-PG- wrote:We are already a Pro-Squad. I paid the setup fee and registered the squad Feb 19, 2009.
Silver members of a Pro Squad do not get any other features normally associated with Gold membership.
After reading this post on NW I see the benefits of being a Silver member of a Pro Squad only mean that your name shows on the NW Site team roster. You also get to have team tags and a uniform team patch show during game play.
Unfortunately it doesn't allow Silver members to play in NW listed servers such as our own DFX2 server. (See the second quote above)

You were right though Bubba, there are numerous negative posts pertaining to this subject in the NW forums and it will be interesting to see how this plays out.
I think I'll wait a bit before upgrading my NW membership to see if something positive develops and what Freaks has to say about the matter.

Thanks for looking up the extra info Bubba and Hotstick. :D
Bubbachuk-PG-
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bubbachuk-PG- »

I emailed the people at Ultimate Gaming (formerly Freaks-Network) about the situation with the gold memberships. This is the text of my email:
Several of our squad members plus a lot of our regular players are unable to get into our server that you are hosting because their 'Gold Memberships' have expired with NovaWorld. We are paying you rent for a server but if no one can get into it without paying NovaWorld $30 a year for the privelege of playing online after already paying $30 for the game plus contributing to the rent for our server, it makes little sense for us to continue renting.

We have 40 loyal squad members and another 50 or more non squad members that play regularly in our server. This is a sizeable precentage of the total number of players that play in DFX2 NovaWorld servers on any given day.

Is this something you can do anything about?
This is the reply from Ultimate Gaming:
Hello,
Unfortunately, there is nothing that can be done from our end. This is purely NovaLogic's requirements. The server versions we run are affiliate builds that report back to nova world servers. We're sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,
Daniel
Personally, I think they are going to have to do something or lose a lot of business. They are a NovaWorld affiliate and should have some influence with NW. If enough people complain, maybe it will get NW's attention. I guess we're going to have to wait to see how this plays out.

~ Thomas Jefferson

Country Joe-PG-
Squad Member
Squad Member

Thanks Bubba.