second hdd

Computer Issues? Game Issues? Hardware/Software Questions. Post them here and our resident Computer Geek will try to help you.
BLAZIN GUNS-PG-
Squad Member
Squad Member

second hdd

Post by BLAZIN GUNS-PG- »

Im wanting to fit my old sata drive to my new pc, can i just plug it in making sure that its not booting from it in bios, delete windows etc ? and then have a secondary ?
HotStick

Re: second hdd

Post by HotStick »

Yes. You can format the old drive from the new Windows drive, assign it a drive letter and volume name that you like, and use it.

:D
HotStick-PG-
JUST-DIE

Post by JUST-DIE »

sure can. i do it. i have the os only on one drive and all of my other crap on the other.
huntor
PrimeTech Administrator
PrimeTech Administrator

Post by huntor »

The other drive works great till something happens to your OS and if you have to reinstall for any reason 90 percent of the other crap you installed on the other drive will not work till you re install so the OS picks up the registry keys. Sucks ass on that side of things ;-) Other then that OS drive runs great till then muhahahahahaha.
JUST-DIE

Post by JUST-DIE »

haha just screwed anyway. installing new os is no biggie. just sucks when a hd crashes and losing stuff you fail to back up lol
blueleader2-PG-
Squad Member
Squad Member

Post by blueleader2-PG- »

Blazin,

If your new PC is running win 7, the OS. has a built in drive image feature that will take a snapshot of your drive including OS, programs, files and settings; similar to a lot of 3rd party software. With this image you can restore your PC fully to a new hard drive in case of drive failure or upgrade. See the link for info.

http://www.shivaranjan.com/2009/05/20/w ... partition/

blue