another windows 8???

Computer Issues? Game Issues? Hardware/Software Questions. Post them here and our resident Computer Geek will try to help you.
JUST-DIE

another windows 8???

Post by JUST-DIE »

I am picking up a new mobile gaming system tonight. it comes with 8. I know if I keep the 8 that I need to upgrade it to 8.1.
are any of you having any issues with running df or ts on it? just wanting to know if I should wipe the new system and do a win7 64 on it?
asus G75VW i7 with 24gb ram, 1tb and a 250gb ssd. gfx 680 card. I hope this help my issues I've been having.
Red Dog-PG-
Squad Member
Squad Member

Re: another windows 8???

Post by Red Dog-PG- »

WOW, I guess that's one way to fix an issue.

Handle every stressful situation like a Dog....if you can't eat, hump it, or play with it, pee on it and walk away
JUST-DIE

Post by JUST-DIE »

hey guys, new system up and running. I would not say great though. I am running 1920x1080 and pulling around 200-225 pfs. BUT ever couple of minutes the screen just locks for about 5 seconds then just warps me. just like DD playing with the server. haha I did try a different driver and same thing happens. yes I am running 8.1 and did the install from Vipers link not my disk.
anyone have any ideas where to start??
huntor
PrimeTech Administrator
PrimeTech Administrator

Post by huntor »

Could be an SSD issue, bios issue, bad ram.

Honestly have no idea. Windows 8 lmao.
JUST-DIE

Post by JUST-DIE »

now I have another issue lol,, I was playing last night then again today in dfx2. went to log in, now it just times out trying to log in to nova. no firewall changes or anti v. I tried turning off the firewall still no luck. I can play any game on steam without issues. I guess I'm doomed on nova anymore.
Bubbachuk-PG-
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bubbachuk-PG- »

NovaWorld is down.

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who
are willing to work and give to those who would not.
~ Thomas Jefferson

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/oliver.holmes.357
JUST-DIE

Post by JUST-DIE »

seems to be fixed now. I removed dfx2 (even from the reg.) did a fresh new install and it worked. no more pausing. only thing now I saw was a frame rate drop. I was around 175-250 depending on the map. now i'm around 60-75. I only played one map. would a map make that much in bo mod?
JUST-DIE

Post by JUST-DIE »

ps after the re-install my ts overlay even works haha
UK-Sapper

Post by UK-Sapper »

I too run Windows 8 upgrade to 8.1. :roll:

There are a few problems with the upgrade. FIRSTLY the 8.1 update will delete all previous boot sectors as in recovery sections of any device are erased with no way to get them back later. You must have a factory reboot disc to sort this.

Some programs you need to run DFX and other software are The most up-to-date graphics drivers. without these you games will lock you up and crash your system. real pain took me two days to solve most problems.

Other main problem is some games have to run under admin mode. click on game icon, right click on same icon and "Run as admin"
I did set this to auto run as admin but found it not to work to well.

Funny the sound drivers are real important as well.

I run DFX and other with Direct X 10-11 and it works sweet. I also run it via a HDMI cable straight from the PC to a 36" screen.
(gameplay great my playing still crap) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just a note: human eye can only capture 30-35 FPS, it has been known the FPS higher than 60FPS cause motion sickness? :oops: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I have lock my frame rates down to 40FPS and I use high end flight simulators, which are resorce and graphics unfriendly, to which I have at least 8 programs working at the same time and all work as smooth as silk under admin mode. normal user mode they crash.

Hope this sheds some light on win 8 for you.

ATVB Sapper (Tony)
Madness is Just a state of Mind.
Red Dog-PG-
Squad Member
Squad Member

Post by Red Dog-PG- »

A P133 running Windows 95/DOS seemed like such simpler times :roll:

Handle every stressful situation like a Dog....if you can't eat, hump it, or play with it, pee on it and walk away