Using Windows XP after April 8, 2014

Questions Regarding Network Security, AntiVirus, Malware, Router Security, Internet Security, Etc . . .
Country Joe-PG-
Squad Member
Squad Member

Using Windows XP after April 8, 2014

Post by Country Joe-PG- »

I discussed with Hotstick a few nights ago what exactly the consequences would/could be by using Win XP after Microsoft stops support on April 8th because I still have 4 computers running on my home network using Win XP.

He gave me so much information that my head hurt after his explaination.
I can't begin to remember all he said so I'll let him discuss it further but I thought I'd post this article I read on the subject.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/security/arc ... -ends.aspx

:shock:
HotStick

Re: Using Windows XP after April 8, 2014

Post by HotStick »

I think what Joe posted says it all. We are migrating all 3600+ machines in our enterprise before that date.

You may be able to successfully use XP after April 8th, but will only be truly safe if you never connect to the Internet with that machine...

:ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek:
HotStick-PG-
huntor
PrimeTech Administrator
PrimeTech Administrator

Re: Using Windows XP after April 8, 2014

Post by huntor »

Correct. Have you ever tried to update an xp machine from xp the first release. It is a nightmare to do. The folks pcs that I work on and still have xp, I remind them that I might not be able to fix it next time since this version isn't supported by most companies anymore and that xp support is being dropped by microsoft. Heck even our hospital is swapping out all xp machines this week in the pharmacy. Everything will be on 7 and up.