Getting a crash error on TS3

Computer Issues? Game Issues? Hardware/Software Questions. Post them here and our resident Computer Geek will try to help you.
Sparhauk

Getting a crash error on TS3

Post by Sparhauk »

I totally uninstalled all TS versions and deleted shortcuts and folders. Then, I downloaded the newest version of TS3 and installed it in my program files(x86) folder and everytime I go into TS I get this error/crash message.

C:\Users\Gramps\Documents\ts3_clientui-win64-1382530211-2014-03-05 12_56_41.760540.dmp

I haven't been too excited about it because I have had worse issues to deal with. The town I live in took a hit and the entire power grid went out (about a month ago) and as my luck would have it, I had my comp in sleep mode instead of shutting it down. When I tried to restart the comp it would not recognize my main hard drive. I had to open the comp and disconnect and reconnect the cables to the hard drive to get it to work again. On top of that, I have had the blue screen of death 3 or 4 times in the past couple of weeks and my mouse took a hit too. I ordered a new gaming comp from iBuyPower.com and am just waiting for them to finish the build and QC it and then ship - should be sometime next week I hope.

So to make a short story long. I have decided to wait to see if TS3 will work with the new comp and not give me that dang error - the error a lot of TS users seem to get.
The Eye

Re: Getting a crash error on TS3

Post by The Eye »

As I see it, you have installed the 64-bit version of TS in a 32-bit machine (or at least in the wrong folder).

On 64-bit machines you should install the 64-bit version in C:\Program files\... and NOT in C:\Program files(x86)\.

At least that's how it works on my machine -> Windows 7, 64-bit.

Hope you get it all sorted, buddy. :-)