Password Crack

Computer Issues? Game Issues? Hardware/Software Questions. Post them here and our resident Computer Geek will try to help you.
Red Dog-PG-
Squad Member
Squad Member

Password Crack

Post by Red Dog-PG- »

Does anyone know of freeware that will create a bootable disk to recover a login password for a UEFI protected computer?

Handle every stressful situation like a Dog....if you can't eat, hump it, or play with it, pee on it and walk away
huntor
PrimeTech Administrator
PrimeTech Administrator

Re: Password Crack

Post by huntor »

Or you can still use the jumper setting to reset the bios back to default settings. This should also remove the bios password.
Red Dog-PG-
Squad Member
Squad Member

Post by Red Dog-PG- »

Thanks for the input Roger and Huntor

My work has public electronic recycling containers which I have retrieved a Hewlett Packard P7-1414 from. It seems to be a newer computer in the 3 to 4 year old range. It’s not a gaming power house but it would be a good upgrade for my 13 year old boy. I believe I would only have to shell out a few bucks for an OS, a video card, and perhaps a power supply depending on the card I get.

The computer boots instantly to the password protected login screen but here lies the brick wall. I tried installing windows 7 but as the installation starts to take place the computer crashes/locks. I have tried password cracking programs but when booting I get a no disk error message. After some research I determined that UEFI Secure Boot has been enabled which does not allow unsigned boot loaders without a cryptographically valid signature and I cannot turn it off in the BIOS. I am not sure if some settings in Windows activate it or how it works. I went to HP’s support but that was useless.

I want to install Windows 7 in this box if the OP on it is jacked up with Viruses. However, HP does not have Windows 7 drivers for this model and they claim you cannot install another operating system other than Windows 8.1 or 10, 64bit due to some hardware configuration crap. So I poked around on their support page and found drivers for a different model that uses the same MSI MS-7778 (Jasmine) motherboard.

I know this is a lot of farting around for a 3 or 4 hundred dollar HP computer but now it has become a challenge. I guess Winternals, OPHcrack, Hirens, etc.. are a thing of the past. I refuse to be beat by security crap, I have never lost yet. LOL!

Handle every stressful situation like a Dog....if you can't eat, hump it, or play with it, pee on it and walk away
Red Dog-PG-
Squad Member
Squad Member

Post by Red Dog-PG- »

Not bad but.

The FOUND computer has 6 gig memory and if the OS is in good shape I only need to buy a video card. A GT730 is 74 bucks which only requires a 500 watt power supply which the computer already has.

I guess I need to get it working before making a decision.

Thanks!

Red Dog-PG-
Squad Member
Squad Member

Post by Red Dog-PG- »

YES!!! I am in :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Thanks guys ;)

huntor
PrimeTech Administrator
PrimeTech Administrator

Post by huntor »

What did you do to get in? Was it a windows password a boot password?
Red Dog-PG-
Squad Member
Squad Member

Post by Red Dog-PG- »

First I unplugged the power cord from the case. Then I set the jumper on the motherboard to clear data for the CMOS settings. Then I set the jumper to clear the password for the BIOS. Then I removed the battery. Then I made a boot disk using the Lazesoft password reset software and turn on the machine. After disabling all boot options in the BIOS except for the CD player the computer booted to Lazesoft and a screen came up with the option to reset the password.

I believe you setup UEFI in windows and in the BIOS. I didn’t get a chance to thoroughly go through the settings because I had to go watch the Cubs choke but I did see in settings under advance options, UEFI firmware settings, recovery options where you can disable legacy boot.

I could not find anything wrong with the computer so far other than a boat load of dust in the fans and case. I am going to upgrade to Windows 10, then create an install disk and do a clean install of windows 10

I really don’t see the hoopla about this UEFI Secure Boot. Doesn’t seem that secure to me.

Bubbachuk-PG-
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bubbachuk-PG- »

What Did You Say? Speak Southern English, Please!

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who
are willing to work and give to those who would not.
~ Thomas Jefferson

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/oliver.holmes.357
The Eye

Post by The Eye »

Bubbachuk-PG- wrote:What Did You Say? Speak Southern English, Please!
...and Danish, please! :lol: :lol: :lol:
HotStick

Post by HotStick »

In other words Dog, put marbles in your mouth when you speak... LOL (sorry Bubba)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
HotStick-PG-