Bought a Smoker!

Got Some Favorite BBQ Recipes You Want To Share With The Rest Of Us Or Some Hunting Or Fishing Stories You Want To Share? This Is The Place To Do It!!

Moderator: Country Joe-PG-

TAR1

Bought a Smoker!

Post by TAR1 »

I bought a new smoker any recipes would be appreciated! :D
Red Dog-PG-
Squad Member
Squad Member

Re: Bought a Smoker!

Post by Red Dog-PG- »

Whos did you buy? gas or electric?

Handle every stressful situation like a Dog....if you can't eat, hump it, or play with it, pee on it and walk away
Red Dog-PG-
Squad Member
Squad Member

Re: Bought a Smoker!

Post by Red Dog-PG- »

Here is a link to a good site and you can subscribe to monthly news letters.

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/a/jeff ... meat-links

I have an electric smoker that maintains the temperature very well. I also use a digital thermometer to keep an eye on the temp of the smoker and the internal temp of the meat.

Cherry or Apple is my favorite wood to use. Hickory can be over whelming and bitter for my taste. Sometimes I use a combination of two or all three together.

I soak the wood in water for slow burning and only like to use just enough to get that smoke taste into the meat.

For Ribs, I smoke them for about 1.5 hours then finish in the oven so they don't dry out.

My favorite is smoking a Pork shoulder or butt with a nice bark on the meat then pull for Pork sandwiches.

Another awesome treat is a Pork Fatty. I grind up Bacon and a Pork Shoulder together, put the mixture in the largest Ziploc bag they make, roll it out flat with a rolling pin (snip a small corner of the bag to release air), put it in the freezer to slightly stiffen up, then add peppers, onions, & cheese to the center, roll it up, then weave thick cut Bacon and wrap that around the roll and smoke it until the inside temp is about 150 - 155 degrees. Of course there are my spices in a shaker that I apply to the inside and outside of the meat. Top with your favorite BBQ sauce at the end.

Never had luck smoking chicken, dry's out and the skin turns tough like shoe leather.

Fish comes out good, especial a whole fish

Stuffed Jalapeno peppers are fantastic (Cream cheese....yummy)

Then the awesome Beef Jerky....... I use 92% lean ground Beef (and spices), use a Jerky Gun and fill up the racks and set the temp for 140 degrees. Very little smoke if any and no water in the water pan. Your friends will be begging you to make then a batch.

I smoked a ham once and it came out awesome but was a lot of work. The Pig thigh was brined for a week and it took 22 hours to smoke.

Homemade Sausage is also fun to make....don't forget the pink salt to prevent the deadly bacterium that causes botulism that can happen when you smoke meat at low temperatures.

Handle every stressful situation like a Dog....if you can't eat, hump it, or play with it, pee on it and walk away