Advice needed - JO (anaethemia to most)

A Discussion Area For Registered Forum Members.
Morpion

Advice needed - JO (anaethemia to most)

Post by Morpion »

Looking to play Advanced warfare 2 but this requires Joint Ops. I have JO as do most Nova affectionados. I uninstalled mine though and now have hit a snag.

I need to reinstall JO Typhoon Rising, I have the CD but of course, not the most up to date version of game. I can download the game update but it won't open. The update wizaed needs a refresh but I can't see where to do this as the Nova server is down.

PG are the most savvy Delta Force guys n town - so any ideas?

Any help apreciated.

Cheers
Morpion
Bubbachuk-PG-
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Advice needed - JO (anaethemia to most)

Post by Bubbachuk-PG- »

DD-Huntor is the guy we go to when we run into problems like this. He is actually the "Savviest" Novalogic Guru that we know. Maybe he'll see your post and can help you with it or at least tell one of us what to do and we'll pass it along to you.

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who
are willing to work and give to those who would not.
~ Thomas Jefferson

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/oliver.holmes.357
huntor
PrimeTech Administrator
PrimeTech Administrator

Post by huntor »

Its been a long time since I have installed this. Need JO installed first. Need to upgrade with the patch from novalogic.com website. Once you are able to join using the regular game. Then you can try to install AW2. But you should have all that working first. I am actually downloading the game from my server. But I am going to need to find my key. It has been way to long ;-) I know it works on my 2019 server which is based off of Windows 10 so it shouldn't be an issue.

You may also need to run as admin on the installer as it is accessing the program files folder.
Bubbachuk-PG-
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bubbachuk-PG- »

Thanks Huntor. I knew we could count on you!

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who
are willing to work and give to those who would not.
~ Thomas Jefferson

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/oliver.holmes.357
Red Dog-PG-
Squad Member
Squad Member

Post by Red Dog-PG- »

After you install Joint Operations Typhoon rising, do not try to update through the game. You need to go to the JO directory and click on the up-date application inside that folder. This will update the game to V1.7.5.7 and then you can install AW2. I can send you the updated if needed, its like 350 KB. I have been hosting the Joint Operations IC: Europe Mod. Its interesting to play the old maps that I made 10+ years ago but in my opinion, the BO Mod is by far superior to Joint Operations or AW2. ;)

Handle every stressful situation like a Dog....if you can't eat, hump it, or play with it, pee on it and walk away
huntor
PrimeTech Administrator
PrimeTech Administrator

Post by huntor »

Woo Hoo +1 to Red Dog!
Morpion

Re: Advice needed - JO (anaethema to most)

Post by Morpion »

Hi Guys
Thank you. Great help. It is up and running. I admit, I am a bit disappointed. The graphics are not too good and the game play isn't as smooth as BO Mod. I concur with Red Dog, the BO Mod is better and besides, how can I beat Beernuts if I play a different game.

Cheers
M
Red Dog-PG-
Squad Member
Squad Member

Post by Red Dog-PG- »

Good to be of assistance. Its not so much the graphics its the weapon zoom, how the way waypoints work, and Mission Goals which give you good direction on where to go and what to do without having to read Mission Briefings.

Handle every stressful situation like a Dog....if you can't eat, hump it, or play with it, pee on it and walk away