Hosting

Computer Issues? Game Issues? Hardware/Software Questions. Post them here and our resident Computer Geek will try to help you.
BLAZIN GUNS-PG-
Squad Member
Squad Member

Hosting

Post by BLAZIN GUNS-PG- »

:oops: i was wondering about hosting or getting help with hosting.
I really have no idea where to start so if anybody has time to explain it id be grateful :D
huntor
PrimeTech Administrator
PrimeTech Administrator

Re: Hosting

Post by huntor »

I take it.... hosting a dfx2 server? You need to have port udp 32768. In your router and your Windows firewall and or security software. You can also open a rat port. Its the remote_admin_port = 40000 (This is a TCP port) or what ever number you want. As long as it is larger than the first 2000 port numbers. This way you don't run into conflicts with other normally used ports on your machine. The other issue you might run into is your router. If it doesn't support hair pinning. You might run into an issue where you host on one machine. But can't connect with another on your network. These days most routers do support this. But if you find others can join your server but you can't locally. That is what the problem is. You might be able to adjust a setting on the router if it allows. If you want to host a game on one machine and play on another. You may want to look at using the /serveonly command in the shortcut. This will allow your server to login and run in a server only status. It uses a lot less resources. Takes a server from running 20% CPU to basically 1% because it isn't trying to run all the resources it takes for graphics. It also allows you to login more than once to novalogic.

Example "C:\Novalogic\BOMOD16FINAL\Delta Force Xtreme 2\dfx2.exe" /serveonly
Then in the game.cfg file. You can tell it to run in windowed = 1 mode. Then pick a smaller screensize that what you are running. This makes it so you don't have to be in full screen mode.

Hope this helps you out a little bit. Thats if you mean DFX2 hosting.
BLAZIN GUNS-PG-
Squad Member
Squad Member

Re: Hosting

Post by BLAZIN GUNS-PG- »

:D :D